Thursday, March 31, 2011

LOVE.

Matthew 3:43-44 You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbour and hate your enemy.'But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,


Matthew 19:19 honour your father and mother,' and 'love your neighbour as yourself.'

Matthew 22:37 Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'

Luke 6:35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.


      We, as believers in Jesus Christ are commanded to love God and to love people.   It seems though that it's easy to say "love God and love people" and to believe that is what we are supposed to do, but to actually strive to do and to do it with all our heart, and to do it like God loves us and how Christ loves the church is a different story.  I am reminded when I struggle with loving certain people how hard loving can be and that I need to fully rely on God to help me to love people how  He loves us.  Also, while I love people very much and am passionate about caring for people I have been reminded recently how important the act of love is.  When I look at the world and all the hurt that is within, I see the great need for love.  There is a lot more hurt than we realize.  And when we love on those people and we are in relationship with those people, something beautiful happens.  I love it when God gives me the opportunity to talk with people that I know and already have a good relationship with and then people I hardly know on a deeper level; I love being able to see their heart.  Love is very important, after all it is commanded of us as Christians.  I pray that I will continue to grow in my love towards others and my love towards God.  We need God to help us, we can't do it on our own.  Imagine the love that will be shared, if we let God take control.  We need to love, and we need to be loved.



No comments:

Post a Comment