Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Power

For awhile now, the concept of God's power has been resonating in my mind and in my heart.  The beautiful truth is, as Christians we have God's power dwelling inside of us.  I know for me, I don't forget this truth, but I don't think I live in this truth often enough or let it hold the stock it deserves.  I'm not sure why I take this for granted.  God's power is within me, with God there is not one thing that is impossible.  I need to start living like I know and understand how wonderful it is that I have God's power residing in me.  I tend to give up or get so overwhelmed with what I'm dealing with.  Life is hard and will continue to be hard, but God has given us very very precious tools and gifts we need to use to help us!  And through using those we can overcome and bring glory to Him in result of.  Now, I am in no way saying I am as powerful as God.  But in God's Word, we see where it tells us that He gives us power. 

 But as for me, I am filled with power,
with the Spirit of the LORD,
and with justice and might,
to declare to Jacob his transgression,
to Israel his sin. Micah 3:8

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
 2 timothy 1:7

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, Ephesians 3:16

God has given us power, to overcome.  I pray that I would live in that truth, that I have been clothed in power and strength and dignity (Proverbs 31).  And I pray that I would live in the truth that God is sufficient; He is enough.  I often live that I don't believe that, I get caught up in what's going on in my life or in the world around me and doubt and perhaps forget that My God is enough, beyond enough.  Nothing is too hard, too "silly", too small, too big for Him.  Thank You Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment